Sunday, July 01, 2012

And Then I Was Awake

It's a holiday week.  Not a weekend...Independence Day falls on a Wednesday this year, so the entire week becomes some sort of strange wash.  This is not to say that I will spend much time worrying about the holiday as I continue to move my things slowly into our new apartment and pore desperately over my list of things to do as the date of my flight to Chile looms ever closer.

I would love to be the girl in orange below...any of those people actually.  Beating the heat by joining it sounds like a much better plan than braving the sweaty, humid apartment as I move my things out one-by-one.

My lengthy list is what has me wide awake at 2:30 in the morning.  I guess the good thing about this time of night is that it's the coolest that it will get during the day.  The oppressive heat makes the idea of working on anything that involves thought a complete nightmare...hence the lengthy list and ever-present insomnia.  I spend many minutes a day staring at my to-do list, trying to figure out what important thing I should tackle first.

Should I....

•Pack up my dishes and books?
•Make chorus staging templates for Moby-Dick so that I can send my scores on to San Francisco?
•Make up a scene breakdown for Madama Butterfly so that I can send a supernumerary request to Santa Barbara?
•Email Chile to make sure that someone is picking me up from the airport?
•Find a parking garage that will take my car for six weeks for the least amount of money?
•Put together a staging scheme for Figaro?

It's so hard to decide that I often just want to throw everything aside and watch old movies in front of my air conditioner, but this is simply not an option.

The list is overwhelming, the heat is oppressive.  Summer in the city...

At the beach at Coney Island in Late June













3 comments:

Plabon said...

Wow ,,it's interesting! I enjoy it!

Unknown said...

А в это время в СССР: Топ главных событий недели #3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqkmMEBtcDk

Yang Kuo said...

Wow ,,it's interesting! I enjoy it!

ทางบ้าน