Wednesday, December 28, 2005

BIG NEWS!!


I've been out of writing practice for a bit. Things get to be too much sometimes what with the holidays and ten straight days of grueling rehearsal at Florida Grand Opera.

Suffice to say, Christmas weekend was a huge blessing. John came over from San Diego and we drove into the chillier air of Northern Florida, spent three nights in St. Augustine, taking harbor cruises, walking among the twinkling lights of the historic city, eating hot soup at an Irish pub on the main thoroughfare, eating cheese and crudites in our hotel room . . .

. . . getting engaged . . .

The moment was so sweet and perfect. We had dinner at Le Pavillon: oysters Rockefeller, rack of lamb, salmon. Waiting for a dessert menu, waiting, waiting, and our waiter brings out a lovely custard, pie, tiramisu, I don't even remember. What I do remember is the huge strawberry on top that bore the most simple, beautiful claddagh I've ever seen.

The restaurant was crowded, John slid off his chair, onto his knee, and asked me to marry him.

Yes.

The waiter asked if I was surprised.

Yes.

I have had some very difficult holidays in my past. Some times when I wish that Christmas would just take its leave and I could go back to my daily routine. This was not one of those years. With sadness I dropped John at the airport yesterday. It will be another month until we see each other. Time cannot move fast enough..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine this old granny jumping up and down, clapping her hands and saying CONGRATULATIONS to you both!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you both!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Keturah, we are so happy for you and John.
Love,
Mom

Keturah said...

Thanks everyone! We're so thrilled. It's nice to feel like everything in my personal life is moving so smoothly....

Love,

Keturah

tracey gessner said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a wonderful engagement story too!