Thursday, January 26, 2006

Holding Pattern


In two days I will be whisking my way home across the country towards three beautiful weeks in San Diego. Right now I'm in what seems to be an inevitable holding pattern. I've discovered that boredom (and it takes a lot to get me bored) makes me exhausted and throws off my sleep pattern.

My life has consisted of, let's see . . .

The other day I went to the beach and walked up and down the boardwalk for exactly twenty minutes only to realize that I had very little interest in looking at the leathery sun-worshippers and seaweed laden beaches.

Yesterday I got out of the house to have lunch at a bagel deli and do a little reading al fresco. I spent 45 minutes eating there, then walked next door to Starbucks and spent another 45 minutes reading while nursing my latte.

I've spent a lot of time catching up on all of the "Sex and the Cities," "Everybody Loves Raymonds" and "Ellens" that I never saw when they originally played.

I've checked my oil, washed my car, washed my windows, wiped down my seats, mopped by apartment floors, cleaned the toilet, done umpteen loads of laundry, dusted and dusted and dusted.

I've spent a lot of time at the mall looking at things I can't afford, and once I bought some things I couldn't afford too.

I've slept more than I've ever slept in my entire life and played more Mah Jong solitaire than I can shake a stick at.

Today, however, I'm at the Broward County Center for the Performing Arts. We blew through level settings for the show and went to Tarpon Bend to have a leisurely lunch. I will be so happy to wrap this show.

So happy.

3 comments:

AK said...

nice picture of the tortoise above

also sounds like you have had fun, i remember doing catch up with some shows, like west wing and lost series but does leave you exhausted after watching all of them

good luck with show

Anonymous said...

why am i not surprised that you too like to play Mah Jong solitaire? ;) i'm glad that you're getting a break in San Diego...when do you come up by me?

Anonymous said...

yo,

i'm glad i'm not the only one who gets insanely bored after tech week. now that we've opened barbiere, i can totally relate. nonstop to idle is a difficult transition. i'm going to be the mah jong champ by the time this show wraps. hope home is well. see you soon.

jenn paradise