Tuesday, January 17, 2006

When to Speak out Vs. When to Stay Quiet

Two articles in the news today about Democrats speaking out . . . or not.

Hilary Clinton compared our current administration to a plantation
on MLK Jr. day. I don't wholly disagree with her, but not sure if it was the time and place for the speech.

Democratic senators are claiming that they don't see a filibuster in the future for the confirmation of Alito. I know that it would probably fail, and I know that Alito will, in all likelihood, be confirmed, but the whole article had a sort of "giving up" feeling to it that made me really sad.

There's such a fine line between when railing against the system will fly back in your face and when railing against the system is the only way to maintain your beliefs and force change.

I want to believe that what Hilary Clinton says is correct, that this administration will go down in history as one of the worst, but I can't bring myself to believe that the country has seen enough of the light yet.

No comments: