Friday, February 24, 2006

Prince of the Night



I just had to share this video I found on YouTube. This little liederhosen-wearing treble blew me away and put a grin on my face. I love the absolute blank stare he's mastered as he belts out the aria. I love how effortless he makes it look from the neck up, but if you look at his shoulders you see a world of tension sitting just under the surface. I wish I could see what he was doing with his hands.

This is one of those boys who has such a beautiful gift that, on the one hand you really hate to see him hit puberty, and on the other hand you feel fairly certain that, as his voice lowers, he will maintain his breath control and pitch and will finally have enough past behind him to truly grow as an artist.

I love the internet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY SH*T. That was unbelievable. Thanks for sharing... of course, now that will be stuck in my head all night (which is better than Nessun Dorma, after HOW MANY figure skaters used that song?!)

Susan