Sunday, August 20, 2006

Finally a Bit of Break

Both pieces are finished, the Playhouse wrapped up at the end of the week, and I am finally enjoying a week of less responsibility and running around.

I actually took time with John today to walk down to the Farmer's Market in Hillcrest, to clean house, to brush my cat and make up a menu of meals for the week. It's the little things I take for granted when I get so busy I can barely see straight. I was planning on peacefully sleeping in, but someone has recently acquired a couple of yappy dogs in our neighborhood, and they started their racket at 7:30 and continued for several hours. Why people want those noisy dogs around baffles me to no end.

My one career frustration right now is trying to find space so I can actually do a winter show. Nobody seems to want to call me back; it's an epidemic. Everyone keeps asking if my show is happening and I can't say yes until I know that I have a place to do it. I'm hoping, with a little extra time this week, that I can hit this a little harder and nail down a place to go with my time.

In current events, I'm watching the news right now and noticing that Ford is now making cars that are specially created for obese people. I'm not sure why this puts such a sour taste in my mouth, but it angers me that our society just seems to accept this lifestyle and diet that continually makes us unhealthier and unhealthier. Instead we say, "It's fine; we'll just make bigger car seats." How is that a solution, this perpetuation?

Lucius is next to me, fast asleep. I watched the Women's Gymnastics National Championship tonight without working at the same time...as much as the news and the world and the people around me can make me nuts, my life in and of itself is pretty good.

No comments: