Sunday, August 13, 2006

On Location Once Again

The following are a few random shots from our weekend of shooting with UCSD-TV and San Diego Dance Theater. As always, it's been a joyful experience working with my fiance, and the great people he always seems to have on his team. This is why I choose to work on these sets for free, touching up people's makeup, bringing towels and water, and generally keeping the continuity of billiard balls, chair placement and wayward hoodies straight. Soon I will be making my own video short, so any time I can spend around this equipment is valuable.

The first pic is of the dancers making their way down a hallway at the San Dieguito Academy. It was so bright and sunny that day that their colors popped beautifully. That's Veronica Martin-Lamm leading the pack in red, with Victor Alonso, Grace Jun and John Diaz following right behind.



This shot is just a couple of hours ago at the San Dieguito Boys and Girls Club. Jean is taking Grace and Amir through the paces of their duet as Matt watches the angle through his camera. They were huge troopers today in a relatively warm environment. Keeping the sweat to a minimum was a real challenge.



Dr. James Ellzy leads the pack down the hallway during an actual take of the first pic. Brad Olander is led backwards, steadicam in hand. I had finally positioned myself in the right spot so that I didn't have to scramble away as they all came barreling towards me.



Peter Kreklow, our D.P. watches the dancers through the monitor down the opposite hallway, to be as far out of the camera's reach as possible.



No, John and I are not in therapy. That's the two of us after a long day of shooting on location at the San Dieguito Academy. Me being the photographer, I think that may be one of the only photos of me on set.

No comments: