Monday, April 16, 2007

Horrific

I spent an amazing morning driving around the Florida Keys. The weather was cool, perfect. The water was a brilliant torquoise. The air was clean and the breeze calming. It was an impeccable way to calm down after a long tech process and I sat on the edge of the world for a while, staring up at the deep blue sky and smelling the sea air.

Meanwhile, the students and faculty of Virginia Tech were suffering from a horrific massacre, the worst in U.S. history.

I came back from my drive and have since been glued to the television. I am sickened by the events. I don't understand how the dorm shootings could have happened at 7:15 and kids could have shown up for class two hours later having no idea that anything happened. I don't understand how classes anywhere on campus were allowed to begin until the school had been locked down and the shooter found...there are so many questions I have but the big one always comes back to "Why?"

My deepest sympathies go out to anyone involved in this tragedy.

I've been left speechless entirely too much lately.

No comments: