Thursday, April 13, 2006

From Sea To Shining Sea!


I'm Back!

It's been way too long since I've taken a seat at my desk and posted an entry on my blog. I just finished a long, four-day journey home to San Diego after six whole months of being away.

Coming back is a strange thing after so long. On the one hand, I feel very at home here, and on the other, I feel strange in this place. It will take some adjustment.

That may not fully happen for a bit as I leave again for St. Louis on the 25th. Only a little over a week to get myself reacclimated and ready to leave again. My cat gets to stay, however. I'm not sure he's all that happy about it though. He is not well socialized and realizing that there are two other cats in this house has sent him into a fit of despair. I have no idea how long it will take for him to pull out of it.

So, this post is short. The next one will be longer, and about the madness that was the last week of performances of "Rigoletto" at Florida Grand Opera. I was sad to leave the people I have grown to love, but I'll be back.

The pic? My hand feeling the cool breeze in Western Texas. It was that wonderful time of year when the breeze is still winter but the sun beats down like summer. In my unairconditioned car, the only way to get relief was to hang out the window and let the breeze cool you off. A convertible would have been nice.

No comments: