Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Grendel, Grendel, Grendel!


Hooray!!! I just found out (mostly because John is absolutely incapable of keeping a secret) that John is taking me up to LA Opera to see the world premiere of "Grendel" for my birthday!!! It makes me want to overuse exclamation points!!!

I've never seen anything by Julie Taymor (no, not even "The Lion King") and have always been interested to see what the fuss is about. There's no better way than to see a world premiere opera - new all around, so there's no precedent for her to trample across.

I love seeing new works. Even if they're terrible, the house always has such an excited energy - nerves of the unfamiliar. It's like riding a new rollercoaster.

I love birthdays too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds wonderful...isn't this a special birthday? I am so glad John knows how to make you happy.