Monday, June 12, 2006

Culture Shock


It might be some time before you get a proper post from me. I am quite cut off from the world in Cooperstown. I am actuallyl staying in Springfield, New York, in a barn, in the middle of nowhere. I have very little access to anything communicative, such as a cell phone or internet. It's been a shock to my big-city system.

The pic is a view from my bedroom. Yes, that's a pig atop that weather vane. The work is interesting and the people lovely and I am sure that I will find myself used to this place by the time I leave.

Right now, however, it's lonely and a bit gloomy and without any car, I can't explore. I feel a bit stuck. Thank god I'm here to work and not relax. People come out here to dissapear but I find it much easier to fall into the woodwork in a metropolis than in this big wide country.

No comments: