Monday, June 26, 2006

Wet


Yes, that's a parrot with the parasols. It's that kind of show.

It's been pouring down rain all day. I feel like I'm drowning, sticking to the theater seats, sliding down the aisles on a sheet of muggy water. Every inch of this performance space is covered in condensation and the eaves are dripping as you run under them to the dressing rooms. One of our quick changes requires seven of our chorus men to dress outside and run around to the front of the house - not so easy in the pouring rain. Tonight I think we are using giant umbrellas. Though, as wet as I've gotten simply sitting in the house, I'm not sure it will help.

There was, however, a gorgeous rainbow just now at dinner. All sorts of snafus happening left and right as we try to move this show to stage, but there's the rainbow and we all smile. It was out over Lake Otsego, stretching from one side of the horizon to the other . . . a reminder that good things are coming perhaps.

Two more weeks and I'm done. What a crazy, whirlwind experience. It gives me confidence in my ability to be thrown into situations.

No comments: