Saturday, June 03, 2006

Off To L.A.

So I'm leaving in about twenty minutes to go up to Los Angeles with John so we can see "Grendel," the new Julie Taymor extravaganza at L.A. Opera. I'm sure some of you have heard about the computer/mechanical problems the show's been having. They had to cancel their opening night because of a huge machine malfunction. So now, this show I'm going to is being labeled a preview even though we all paid full price for our tickets. Not sure I agree with the way the company's been handling that, but I want to see it so there you go.... The link to the Times article is below. I'll report on how it looks later.

It's been great to be home, spending time with John, taking my cat to the vet because he sprained his wrist (yes, that's right, jumped down wrong or something and is limping like mad....will the madness never stop???). I went up to UCSD to watch John edit yesterday, which is one of my favorite pastimes.. He is such a smart editor and I find it so interesting to watch him cut up sections of video and stick them together perfectly. He is a master at splicing together rehearsal footage and performance footage so the music continues without a glitch. It's so satisfying to see him work to find the perfect splicing place, then watch the finished product and hear how seamless it is.

We had lunch at a sushi restaurant in Hillcrest and I started going through all of my projects for the summer. I'm going to be one busy girl. I can't wait.

No comments: