Thursday, March 02, 2006

Newsworthy?

With all of the big issues in the news right now; all of the things that are important to our world's future (Two off the top of my head are Bush's trip to India and his nuclear - or nucular - talks there, and large portions of congress demanding an investigation into Bush's response to Katrina), why was this particular story third on the list when I opened my Yahoo today??

I guess I've just known (or maybe suspected) all my life that hot tubs and whirlpools hold a lot of bacteria. Swirling hot water outdoors filled intermittently with naked bodies just seems like a cesspool for germs. Did my tax dollars really pay for this study?

Um...yikes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm, yes. I used to enjoy nothing more after a long day of skiing than submerging my tired joints in the communal hot tub at Sam's parents' place in Breck... until I got a fungal infection in my EAR that the doctor attributed to the hot tub. Ew Ew Ew.

Susan