Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Only Virgins are Traumatized by Rape...

. . .or so says one Senator Bill Napoli, who claims that a raped virgin could qualify for an abortion under the new South Dakota law because the psychological and physical trauma could be enough to threaten her life.

Found this quote by the Senator on The Disenchanted Forest:
A real-life description to me would be a rape victim, brutally raped, savaged. The girl was a virgin. She was religious. She planned on saving her virginity until she was married. She was brutalized and raped, sodomized as bad as you can possibly make it, and is impregnated. I mean, that girl could be so messed up, physically and psychologically, that carrying that child could very well threaten her life.

Read the actual interview from which the quote was taken here. You can also read about it here, a little smart-ass response here, and here too.

All I know is that I am not religious or a virgin and you can damn-well be sure that if I were raped and brutalized the way Bill Napoli describes, my life would be threatened just as much.

1 comment:

tracey gessner said...

Ugh, I saw that interview too. How disgusting. And they call liberals elitists!