Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Because I Haven't Been Political Lately


So, this hurricane passed over my head and in the interim, Harriet Miers withdrew her nomination and we have Mr. Alito to scrutinize now, Rosa Parks died, more people died in Iraq, and Bush is getting criticism for the new plans being put into place to hold back an inevitable pandemic. I'm too overwhelmed with work to speak in depth about all of these things happening in our world, but when my friend in New York sent me this picture, I wasn't going to waste the opportunity to poke fun at our fearless leader.

Right now is the beginning of a full day off before starting up at the Dade County Auditorium. When you spend so much time with people trying to put a show together, you don't want to see any of them for the 24 hours you have to do your own thing. All of us scatter in every direction and get the rest of our lives back in working order before beginning a grueling tech week. Personally, I am going to do a lot of reading, clean house, go grocery shopping, get my oil changed, and spend some time at Nordstrom Rack in Coral Gables. A little shopping therapy never hurt anyone.

I might (ack) spend a couple of hours cleaning up my score tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to a little time away from this little singing Spaghetti Western.

No comments: