Friday, November 18, 2005

Positive Reinforcement

Here it is! We got a great review from the Miami Herald!

Puccini Would Puff Up With Pride

The singers were wildly praised, especially our three top billed. They deserved it. They've been chewing up the scenery so much it's a wonder they aren't picking splinters out of their teeth.

You know, I try to tell people that I don't listen to reviews; that I don't care what they say. I try to tell people it's all about the process and experience, about my own feelings of the work's worth. I lie. Not that the reviews are everything (popular opinion is important and hell, the experience and people you work with and your own feelings about the work ARE important too) but opening up the paper and seeing that someone has taken the time to compliment you in black and white is a great, great feeling.

I must say, however, that Mr. Budman seems a bit long-winded with his ten-dollar words. My favorite quote:

The chemistry between Blancke-Biggs and Michaels-Moore lit up the stage. Michaels-Moore's dark, imposing sound rang out with stentorian power but also produced the most exquisite, dulcet pianissimos.

No comments: