Friday, October 14, 2005

Bush - Champion of the Environment

So, I'm on my way to work, listening to NPR, and I hear a short passing news bite in the business report that says that Bush released a statement today that the government is relaxing the requirements by the EPA's New Source Review that require gross polluting industrial plants to clean up their emissions. They say they are relaxing these in lieu of a new series of regulations that ask for a decrease of emissions over large areas as a whole instead of with individual polluters, therefore allowing groups of plants to decide who has to clean up their act and who doesn't. Really, the government is favoring industry and keeping up its profits instead of the environment. The federal government is forcing the EPA to back down in terms of enforcing NSR regulations on gross polluting plants and in their statement they say that these new rules will be better for the environment in the long run.

I can't seem to find anything about this on any online news sites. I haven't really looked very hard since I am at work, but it wasn't in the immediate, easily accessible places.

Something really stinks.

No comments: